I have always said, “if I am going to cook one chicken, I might as well cook two.” It’s not really any more work. I have come to believe the same about pot roast, pork roast, and just about anything that is braised, smoked or roasted.
In the case of this casserole you could make it anytime by using cooked ground beef but if you do as suggested and make extra pot roast for a Sunday dinner then this is the perfect way to make use of it midweek.
3 Cheese Beef & Noodles (serves 6)
1 small onion, minced
12 oz. fusilli pasta
1 lb. chuck roast, cooked and shredded
1 cup Pomi brand strained tomatoes
1 ½ cups beef broth
8 slices American cheese
5 thick slices of fresh Mozzarella
1 ½ cups of Edam or Fontina Cheese
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add pasta and onion then cook for 4 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and onions and place it back into the pot. Stir in the tomatoes, beef broth, and chuck roast.
- Dump the pasta into a large casserole. Jiggle the casserole to spread the mix out evenly.
- Layer the cheese on top starting with the American, then the Edam, and follow with the mozzarella.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until browned and bubbly. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
2 thoughts on “RECIPE CARD: 3 Cheese Beef & Noodles + How To Get The Most Out Of Prep Day”
Love this idea! Have never thought to use pot roast this way – Kat
So simple, yet sounds heart-warmingly good.