This is to pig what XO is to cognac.
4 boneless pork butt steaks
1 cup All purpose flour
1 egg mixed with 1/2 cup of whole milk
2 cups unseasoned bread crumbs, sifted
2 lemon, one of them quatered
4 large eggs
16 anchovy fillets
1 tablespoon capers
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
3 tablespoons canola oil
1. Pull a large piece of plastic wrap out from its container and fold it back onto itself so you have a double layer of wrap that is about 16 by 16 inches.
2. Place one of the steaks onto the plastic wrap about and inch from the edge. Fold over the wrap like a book. You want to have lots of plastic overhang.
3. Using a meat mallet start at the center and hit the butt steak. Work your way to the edges with the mallet. Start in the middle again and keep pounding until the steak is about a 1/4 inch thick. Remember start in the middle and work your way to the edges.
4. Season the steaks with salt and pepper. Dredge them into the flour shaking off any excess.
5. Submerge them in the egg wash and then dip them into the crumbs and give them a good coating.
6. Heat a the canola oil in a large heavy bottom saute pan, cast iron is good for this, over medium high heat.
7. Drop a pinch of crumbs into the hot oil. It should bubble around them immediately. If so you are ready.
8. Without crowding the schnitzel saute them till golden brown on each side. If you need to do it in batches making sure to start with fresh oil in the pan. If you are doing it in batches heat your oven to 250 degrees and keep the schnitzel warm while finishing the others.
9. Once you have finished dump the oil from the pan. Leave the pan off the heat and add the butter, juice of half a lemon and the capers.
10. Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add some oil and fry the eggs. I like sunny side up but it is your call.
11. To finish heat the caper lemon butter. Place a schnitzel onto a plate, top with and egg, lay on the anchovy and spoon some lemon caper butter over the top. Garnish with parsley, a lemon wedge on the side and serve.